Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Everybody Loves Mel Gibson

I love Tessa’s mother. She and I have the deepest, most meaningful conversations. I truly cherish them.

“You’ve gained a little weight, haven’t you?” she says to me.

“Yes, but I’m bursting with farm-fresh goodness. And I’m devoted to your daughter.”

“If you’re so devoted to her, why don’t you marry her?”

“Because marriage is for idiots and gay couples,” I say.

“Speaking of gay men, when are you going to cut your hair?”

“Never. I’m trying to be more Christ-like.”

“You’re going to put this on your stupid website, aren’t you?”

“I don’t know [shrug]. What makes you say that?”

“I can tell by the way you’re talking,” she says. “You’re being an idiot.”

"No, I’m not. I’m just a misunderstood artist. Like Mel Gibson.”

“Don’t start that with me,” she says.

This was the unkindest cut of all on my part. She loves Mel. Everybody loves Mel—ever since she saw that movie he made, Everybody Hates Christ or whatever it was. I wasn’t going to say anything about Mel Gibson. He’s a wonderful human being, and I’d let him have me if I were a woman. A white woman. A Gentile, anyway. He’s a very nice man. Devoted to Christ.

Me, too. I’m so devoted to Christ that I’d like to play him in a movie. I’d be more historically accurate than even Caviezel was. I have blond hair and blue eyes. Caviezel had only those blue eyes. The Book of Daniel says that Christ’s hair is like lamb’s wool, and everybody knows that lamb’s wool is white. So, the next time they make a movie about Christ he’d better damn well have blond hair. Dishwater blond, at least. Brad Pitt’s Achilles, for example.

To demonstrate my point, I’m going to post a scene from Mel’s move about Christ. Only this time, I’m playing our Lord, and Tessa’s mom is playing a Roman soldier.















CAST

Roman Soldier ….………………………….……..…. Tessa’s Mom

Horse …………………...…… Reluctant Cat from “Kitchen Town”

Jesus Christ ……….…………………...……………… Fred Miller

12 comments:

TessaLeFae said...

Wow, the cat doesn't have ball cancer anymore! Did you lay hands on him?

Fred Miller said...

Yeah, the cat's fine. That was just an awesome makeup job for "Kitchen Town." I'll tell him you were concerned.

Pearl said...

I'm caught up now, Fred; and my concern for you deepens.

:-)

You are truly a happy person, aren't you? I like that.

Pearl

Fred Miller said...

Good question, Pearl. Tessa brings out the best in me. I just hope her mom puts off getting a computer until this post is archived.

Anonymous said...

sometimes even mothers brothers or old uncles read blogs too ya know...

Anonymous said...

but anonymous will never tell, :-)

Fred Miller said...

Well, even low-life humor writers like me love a good mystery. Thanks for stopping by, Secret Family Member.

dianasfaria.com said...

You sound like you have a lot of laughs with Tessa's Mom. Somehow I'm not surprised.

Angela said...

I'm so relieved the cat is okay. I'm not sure about you, though.....

Where's the naked picture, I missed it.

CarryABook said...

From the dialogue, I could picture the scene on TV. Would you play yourself Fred?

Fred Miller said...

Ange! The cat and I are both naked. But at least the cat gets to wear a saddle.

No, Dave. Tessa already has Viggo Mortensen engaged to portray me.

Anonymous said...

Good call casting the cat as the horse. =]
I had to stop using our cats in the making of our movies...because they started demanding their own trailers...and personalized M&M's in between scenes.

No respect I tell ya....